Saturday, February 11, 2012

And Baby Makes Three!

From the moment I met Nathan I knew he'd be an amazing father (and husband). His kind and loving heart made me fall head over heels for him immediately! We always talked about a family and how exciting it would be to have a "mini" Nikki and Nathan in our life. Being the planner that I am, of course I had a timeline of how long we needed to be married, when I wanted to get pregnant, and how I wanted the pregnancy to go. Well, as Nathan reminds me daily, "tell God your plans and hear him laugh" - we found out we were expecting on April 27th- Nathan's 29th birthday :)

12 Weeks!
We were very fortunate to have a "textbook" pregnancy as our Doctor told us at each appointment. Our little man was healthy, happy, and growing quickly! Lucky for me, I didn't experience much morning sickness and truly enjoyed the entire pregnancy!


Through the entire pregnancy we laughed daily at our little man's personality, which he quickly showed in his first ultrasound at 9 weeks - the little guy was moving and shaking all over the place! In addition, he inherited his parents stubborness and decided he wanted to hang out in utero for a little longer than 40 weeks - this little guy wanted to make sure EVERYONE knew he was coming! As I said before, I am a planner and like to be in control of all aspects of my life. Well, our little nugget taught me early you can't always be in control. From the moment we found out we were expecting, I wanted to have a completely natural birth...I know, call me crazy, but I wanted to experience every aspect of the birthing process. Well, since our little man was snug as a bug, I had no choice but to be induced. Yes, it wasn't how I had planned, but all we cared about was having a healthy baby boy.

We welcomed Daven Robert Varn on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 2:15pm. He is truly our little blessing!

Daven Robert Varn
January 9, 2012
8lbs. 1oz.
21"

No comments:

Post a Comment