Saturday, February 11, 2012

We Love You To The Moon & Back...

"I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always. As Long As I'm Living, My Baby You'll Be."
Choosing a name for a little person you have yet to meet is a huge responsibility! Will the name fit his personality? Will people think I'm crazy? Will he think I was crazy for picking that name? These questions raced through my mind as I collaborated a list of family names to share with Nathan. I have always been fascinated with history, especially family history and wanted our little boy to hold a piece of both of his parents. Lucky for me, I have an AMAZING husband who is just as into family as I am. The list was not long as we quickly decided we wanted a name that was unique, but not completely out of this world, had a beautiful meaning, and honored both families. Daven was selected from Nathan's grandmothers maiden name, Davenport. His first name also means "prayer" - something truly fitting since he truly was an answer to our prayers! His middle name, Robert, was selected to honor my father - the amazing man who helped raise me to be the woman I am today.


No comments:

Post a Comment