Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Remembering to stop and smell the Roses

I can't remember the last time I stopped during a run to take a break. As most of you know, running is my drug. The rythmic solace of my feet hitting the concrete, breathing in the fresh air, and pushing myself to run farther and faster -a rush only a fellow runner can truly understand.

Yesterday, as Daven and I were rounding out 2 1/2 miles he decided he was no longer interested in my need to run. We veered off the usual path, parked under a shady tree, and took a break. A break that made me realize that every once in a while it's okay to stop, slow down, and take in the beautiful world around us. The life lessons I've learned from this little guy have made me a better woman, mom, and wife as he's taught me that, "life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people that treat you right, forgive the ones that don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason."


No comments:

Post a Comment