Sunday, June 10, 2012

Run, duck, crawl...repeat!

With the alarm beeping and baby sleeping, Nathan and I sleepily rolled out of of bed to partake in our first race post baby...the Abandoned Fields Adventure Race (AFAR). I've been telling Nathan since around 2 months post-partum that I wanted to participate in another sprint-triathlon or 1/2 marathon before baby #2. Thus, when Nathan's company, Redwire, decided to put a team together for AFAR he quickly signed us up...have I mentioned lately how much I love him?!

The AFAR consisted of three legs- running, paddling/canoeing, and biking. During each leg you had to finish a series of obstacles in order to advance to the next leg.

Being the couple that we are, we just showed up...no preplanning...only had the gear we were told to bring and water. Oh man didn't we look like beginners! The run was LONG (fun for me...not for Nathan), the obstacles difficult and did I mention it was raining and the course was outside in the woods...insert lots of mud here!

I had a great time and will totally be doing it again next year...I think Nathan will be reclaiming his position as supportive cheering hubs-thanks dahling for being so awesome and signing us up because you knew I'd love every minute of the blood, sweat, and tears...love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment