Monday, July 23, 2012

To Sleep or Not To Sleep...

Is it really a question?! We've embarked on the 6 month mark with baby D. With this new milestone came teething, rolling, tantrum's, and reverting to 2 month old sleeping habits. To say I'm tired is an understatement...I'm living in a state of exhuastion! But, alas, I never needed much sleep in College so I've been treating lil D like pulling an all nighter for a big exam - no sleep and LOTS of coffee!

If you ask any mother on getting your baby to sleep thru the night, each has a different opinion. Some have tried the Ferber method (cry it out with soothing every 5, 10, 15 minutes as needed), the Weissbluth method(cry it out with no soothing), or our current method, rock, and rock, and rock until that lil Dude is sound asleep. We've tried it all - and he break's me down every time...until today.

After two weeks of 12am, 2am, 4am, and 6am visits by baby D, I've reached my limit - momma needs her beauty rest! Over the next two weeks, lil D will be on a much stricter schedule...of sorts. There will be lots of tears (I have a feeling on both accounts), lots of screaming, and I'm sure some rocking (I can't stop completely!), but hopefully after these next two L-O-N-G weeks, Daven will be sleeping through the night.

Do not fear, we will be back....hopefully a little more awake and a lot less sleepy! Until then, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

P.S. - D's stat's have been updated from his 6 month check up! Click back to the 6 month's post for the update!
I just love these two!

Helping with Laundry - he really enjoys this new game :)

My bathing king!
Piano Man :)









No comments:

Post a Comment