Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Trust...

"...in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight" -Proverbs 3:5-6
 
 
 
The thunder started rolling in around 8:30am...the rain shortly followed. Was it a coincidence that the weather was very omniscent of yesterday's Presidential election? Personally, as we were driving to cancelled swimming lessons, it felt like God was crying over our lack of trust in him picking the right candidate to lead our Country.

 
 
I can't say I'm 100% pleased with his choice in our President, but honestly I do feel a sort of solace as we embark on these next 4 years. You all probably think I'm absolutely crazy...I'm sure even my better half would agree! However, the one thing I kept hearing on repeat yesterday was, "don't worry Nik, I got this!"...and that's exactly what I am going to TRY and do - trust in our Lord...our Creator and master planner for each and every second of our earthly life.
 
The craziest part...today is B-E-A-U-TIFUL! I honestly think the weather is pure evidence that God is playing the greater role in this whole election process!
 

On a completely separate note...since the weather was quite dreary yesterday, I decided it was arts and crafts day at the Varn casa. Daven has started to take an interest in his chalk...mainly attempting to eat it...but nonetheless he does drag it across his chalkboard a time or two. Thus, I bought him a color wonder paint set thinking he'd love dipping and coloring! Yeah...he liked dipping alright,  but didn't get the coloring aspect. Next we made edible paint...safe to eat, fun to smoosh between your fingers, and hopefully easier to paint a pretty picture! Hah...he was scared of the paint....the few "pictures" I got were due in large to me dragging his hand across the paper. Thus, the paint is now in the freezer and we will try again when he's a little older.
 
 
 
And proof he's infatuated with his Chalk...coolest.lil.man.I.know!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment