Wednesday, August 14, 2013

6-7 Months!

Okay, so I'm terrible and COMPLETELY missed a 6 month belly shot. Between travel preparations, family coming in town, Daven being a toddler, upcoming wedding, and baby showers life has been just a tad bit hectic!



How far along: 28 Weeks!

28 week update: So this appointment gave us a slight scare with lil bits heartbeat showing some irregularity. After a couple of hours in triage monitoring little bits, a schedule echo-cardiogram for the 21st, and a few pretty constant contractions, we are hanging low. Anatomically little bits is a-okay as well as his fluid, but they want to take as many precautionary measures as possible. God sure does have a way of slowing me down...even when I'm not a very happy camper with it! Unfortunately, this means travel must lighten and plans must be cancelled - to say I'm sad is an understatement, but our babies health must come first. 


Size of baby: Eggplant!

Baby weight:  Well, the baby weight decided to finally hit in one big ole' lump! At my 6 month appointment, I added 5 lbs (that was a real shocker!) and as of my gluten test appointment another 2 lbs (I blame my grandparents farm cooking)! Add another 1 lb. at my actual appointment and I'm currently hanging out at 136 lbs...+21 lbs pre-baby weight.


Showing?: Oh yes, there is no denying this baby bump!

Maternity Clothes: Not yet...but that's just because I haven't caved and bought summer maternity wear. Luckily, the way I carry I'm able to buy bigger shorts and maxi dresses that seem to do the trick!

Stretch marks: Nope, but everything is starting to expand...

Movement: Oh yes! He wiggles ALL.THE.TIME! I love every minute of feeling him squirm...it's such a nice reminder that he's growing healthy and strong!

Gender: Still a boy!


Belly button in/out: In, but kinda out? It's a weird looking hole on my belly these days!

Morning sickness: Gone minus the occasional headache :)

Cravings: Have pretty much slowed down. He's getting so big I'm starting to lose room for food! I notice I can't eat as much at each meal, which equals many little snacks!

Exercise: Walking and lifting weights when I have the energy. We try to walk 4-5 days a week because I have GOT to get out of the house as does D. It's deathly hot down here so it's definitely harder to find the time to walk, but we are making it work!

Energy: Comes and goes. Some days I'm bouncing off the walls and others...I'm just a big pregnant mush!

What I miss: Still sleep and energy!

What I won't miss: Lack of energy, but then again will I ever get that back?!


What I'm looking forward to: Some calmness before little bit's arrives! We are traveling non-stop right now and although it's all for fun events, I'm exhausted!

Best Moment: Still his movement! 

And...D still LOVES to get in on the photo shoot action! It's actually the only time he will willingly stand still and attempt a smile for a picture!!




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the heart beat scare but it is always good to slow down sometimes.

    ReplyDelete