Saturday, November 2, 2013

One Week

Well, we've made it through our first week as a family of four! I'm overly thankful for my sweet Momma being here to help with EVERYTHING. From cleaning the house, making dinner, doing the laundry, and attempting to entertain Daven (more on that later) she has been a Godsend!

Grady is an awesome little guy! He is so laid back and easy going! All he cares about is being fed every two hours and cuddling; he loves his cuddles! He sleeps pretty well at night so this Momma is actually not overly exhausted during the day, but is ready for bed by 8pm! 




 Now onto our redheaded stubborn as an Ox firstborn...he's adjusting...slowly. We are fortunate that he does seem to love his little brother and wants him to be near all the time. The part D is really not liking is me not being able to play with him as usual. He hates that I can't pick him up, take him on walks, or the park, etc. We are trying to explain that once my "ouchies" go away I can play, but until then I have to rest, but he doesn't fully get it. Plus, he's not wanting anything to do with anyone but Mommy and Daddy (aka no Nonni) - this is hard on all of us because I need to rest, Nate needs a break, and all my Mom wants to do is play/entertain him! We're all adjusting and trying to make this transition as easy as possible for D, but at times he makes it VERY difficult...even with making it a point to spend one on one time with him.


 


We're adjusting...slowly, but we're adjusting! Trying to keep our tempers at bay and let D get used to not being the only child anymore. Patience has truly become a virtue in this household :)



No comments:

Post a Comment