Tuesday, September 2, 2014

10 Months!


Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 30 1/2"
Head: 17 1/2"
New Skills:
- I love to walk around holding on to your hand...it's back breaking, but fun to watch where I go!
- I started to let go of whatever I was holding on to and try and get to mommy or daddy around 9 1/2 months- UPDATE: As of August 24th, I am walking! Not completely, but I can take a few steps, steady myself, and then take a few more! I do fall thanks to my overzealousness to get to Mommy on my feet, but I'm doing it just shy of my 10 month b-day!
- I can stand all by myself for a matter of seconds and sometimes minutes! Mom & Daddy are super proud of me!
- I am talking up a storm...especially to Daven! I love to talk and show him things although he has no idea what I'm saying!
- I sleep most  of the night - I still get up around 2am and sometimes 4am, but mainly just once - you might say it's a habit that Mom has let me create...nope I am really hungry! I down my bottle in under 5 minutes and then curl up in her lap and fall back to sleep - since I'm not a huge snuggler, Mom loves our early mornings together - she just looks at me for a REALLY long time!
- I am such a goofball! I definitely got Daddy's funny gene and love to make this mischievous grin that is totally going to get me away with murder when I'm older!
- I love, love, LOVE to play peek-a-boo - it's what gets me through long car rides!
- I love my blankies and get super excited when it's nap time and mommy gives me a nice snuggly one!
- I have this awesome game of throwing all of my pacifiers out of my bed BEHIND my crib...mommy really loves retrieving my stash
- I love to try and pour water on my head...usually the cup is empty by the time I get there, but I'm still infatuated with this concept!
-I get into everything...especially my night light...even after mom has slapped my hand a number of times, I still look at her and try to touch it...she's got her hands full with me!
- I love to rub my feed back and forth on any new surface or when I'm going to bed - I've been doing this for some time (maybe 4 months), but mom isn't good at remembering to write everything down! Mom thinks this may be an inherited trait because she does the same thing, but with only one foot...and not like a baby...okay maybe she should have left that out :)
- I love to mimic my big brother - if he bangs the table, I bang the table; if he screams, I scream - it's just so fun!
- I've begun the separation anxiety phase - I'm not as bad as my big brother was, but I definitely understand Momma isn't in the room - one day I'll let you work out solo for more than 20 minutes mom!
- I love to try and figure stuff out - I've already started trying to put the puzzle pieces back in my puzzle (one successful placement so far), and love to try and figure out the mechanics of the sprinkler; my entertainment while big brother swings!
- I don't like the swing - maybe for a minute, but past that I want to get out and explore! This is great for my big brother because all he wants to do is swing, swing, swing - I think he's part Monkey!
- I can high five when asked!
- I can shake my head no...especially after mommy tells me not to touch something
- My temper tantrums have gotten even better!

Our BABY is 10 months old! I am already planning another 1 year old birthday party - where has the time gone?! Grady, you are nothing short of amazing, funny, and downright cute - we are so blessed to have such a special baby boy! Although we may be biased, we think you are super smart and a real go getter - you will be running after Daven in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment